The Stylish Bride 04: What to Expect on the First Wedding Dress Fitting
Julie Sabatino has dedicated the past 15 years of her life to helping brides from around the world with all of the fashion elements of their weddings and has accumulated a wealth of information. She is now excited to show you how to prepare for your special day via The Stylish Bride Podcast.
On today’s show, Julie continues the dress shopping conversation she had during the first 3 episodes. The anticipation of seeing your actual wedding dress for the first time can be overwhelming. You may wonder if you will still love it, if it will still fit properly, or even if they made the changes you requested. Julie has been to hundreds of dress fittings and today she tells you exactly what to expect, gives you some expert tips on how to make your first fitting go smoothly, and hopefully will alleviate any anxiety you may have.
- The number of dress fittings you can expect
- Where to have your dress fitting
- Julie shares what happens if you lose weight after your fitting.
- Details on what to expect when you try on your dress at the fitting
- Time you can expect to spend at your first fitting
- Types of undergarments to take to your fitting
- Proper shoes to wear
- The wedding dress hem
- Flooring type to take into consideration
- Expressing to your fitter specific dislikes you have about how your dress fits
- Comfort of your dress
- Sizing secrets of your dress
- Establishing and tweaking your look for the wedding
- Makeup and hairstyle
- Moral support at the fitting
Julie really wants to hear from you, so if you have questions or comments, please reach out to her so you can be sure you are dressed, styled and down the aisle!