The Stylish Bride 15: What to do if Your Wedding Dress is Too Big
On today’s show, Julie talks with Giselle Ghofrani from Dress Doctor about dress fittings, and things to help if your dress ends up being too big. Some brides change weight as they plan their wedding due to stress, and some just want room to dance, and jump around. Either way, there are ways to have a great fitting dress that will hold its shape and not become unmanageable as the wedding goes on!
- First dress fitting 6-8 weeks before event
- Consultation and come back for 3 fittings
- Know your body, and discuss with the seamstress
- If alterations are more than standard find someone that does more custom alterations
- Waist belts in the dress
- Practice sitting down, and moving around in dress at fittings
- Dress grows with your body as time goes
- Grosgrain, get one inch wide, and what to do with it
- Don’t recommend safety pins inside of the dress
- Strapless dresses
- Felina longline bra’s
- Your fitter should help with what you would need for your dress undergarments
Julie really wants to hear from you, so if you have questions or comments, please reach out to her so you can be sure you are dressed, styled and down the aisle!