The Stylish Bride 09: What is a Trunk Show and Should I Attend?
On today’s show, Julie talks with Mark Ingram of Mark Ingram Atelier. Mark has one of the best eyes in the industry for selecting dresses. The topic of today’s show is trunk shows. They can be critical in finding your dress, and some brides don’t even know what they are.
- What a trunk show is
- Why it is important to know what a trunk show is
- Some information on the bridal market
- How trunk shows travel
- How to find out when and where they are happening
- Brides need to check store websites
- Brides can check on them through social media
- Appointments book up quick, weeks in advanced
- Hints on trunk shows from one designer in one weekend
- How brides make sure what they have their hearts set on will be there
- Why some dresses do not come to the trunk show
- What the process of a trunk show is
- Trunk show dresses are only there for the weekend and why
- Brides need to be ready to buy
- Book trunk shows early so can come back again if needed
- Why Trunk shows have changed the industry
- Timing for all designers are different
- Dresses can come in differently to the trunk show
- Trunk shows happen all year round but most near buying period
Julie really wants to hear from you, so if you have questions or comments, please reach out to her so you can be sure you are dressed, styled and down the aisle!