The Wedding Biz – 59: Kevin Lee, Celebrity Event Designer – Dedication and Finding the Flair
Kevin Lee loves living a glamorous lifestyle, and he’s proved time and time again, he’s willing to work for it. He learned the value of true discipline early in life through ballet and becoming a talented clarinet player. Coming from South Korea to America, changing lanes and opening a flower shop-he created his business from continual learning, humility and a true thirst for creating the best and most beautiful experiences possible for his high end clientele. About Kevin Lee Kevin Lee is known for the most innovative designs and cutting edge events, from grand awards shows such as the Oscars, Grammys and Emmys, to over the top weddings, private celebrity events and Hollywood premiers. He has designed weddings and events for A-list celebrities such as Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and Brad Pitt, Oprah Winfrey, Tom Cruise, Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Aniston, Drew Barrymore, and Kate Hudson, among others.
- The career Kevin had in South Korea, prior to becoming an event designer in the US.
- The family hardships that prompted Kevin’s family to move to the US as a young adult
- How Kevin got his start in weddings and events in the US
- Kevin shares about his favorite place to live in the States
- Mentors who have helped Kevin’s professional development over the years
- Kevin’s experience working alongside Mary Micucci
- How observing event design for years helped Kevin to leap into his own business
- The funeral that got Kevin his first break into the public eye
- Kevin shares how he gets to know his brides
- How Kevin determines whether the bride is working with a large or small budget, and why that is important.
- Stories from one of Kevin’s favorite weddings he produced
- How to manage stressful situations at weddings and events
- Kevin’s philosophy and insights on running his business
- Why you should switch up your vendor partners from time to time
- Kevin dishes on why he’s not interested on being on every television show