The Wedding Biz – 383 REVISIT: Mindy Weiss – Setting the Standard
Mindy Weiss is a force in the high-end wedding and event planning business. Since her early beginnings, she has delighted celebrity and non-celebrity clients alike with her ability to build meaningful relationships every step of the way.
On this episode, Mindy shares her wealth of knowledge about what it’s like to maintain an A-List clientele. But while there certainly are additional factors to consider when planning luxury events for celebrities, Mindy’s insights from years of experience working with families and couples are applicable to anyone in the event planning industry.
From getting to truly know your clients– both financially and personally– to how you might be able to successfully evade the paparazzi, Mindy Weiss dives in with honesty and humor to share her wisdom on this episode.
Mindy Weiss is based in Beverly Hills and is the best-selling author of 3 books: The Wedding Book, The New Mindy Weiss Wedding Organizer, and The Baby Keepsake Book and Planner. She is also a product innovator and spokesperson, planning celebrations all over the world for celebrity clients like Fergie, Ellen Degeneres, Pink, Jessica Simpson, Serena Williams, and Heidi Klum, among many others.
- How Mindy stays on the top event plan and design lists year after year
- The unexpected venue where Mindy celebrated her Sweet 16 party
- How Mindy got her first event planning gig and what it was
- Mindy explains how events for celebrity clients are different
- Clever tips for managing paparazzi
- How to build your business with celebrity and VIP clients
- The top qualities needed to be a successful wedding and event planner
- What common phrase to never say to your clients
- Mindy shares some of her all-time favorite celebrity client weddings
- How to maintain respect from your high-end clients
- Simple ways to improve your quoting and pricing
- How to build and manage a team that creates a healthy workspace
SUPPORTING THE WEDDING BIZ Become a patron and Andy and the show: For as little as $6 per month, or $0.75 per episode, are you willing to support the industry insights Andy brings on his podcast? If you are so inspired: contribute.
Links Mentioned in the Show:
Mindy Weiss on Instagram – @mindyweiss and @under30over50
Vow To Be Chic – The Mindy Bridesmaid Dress
The Wedding Book by Mindy Weiss
The New Mindy Weiss Wedding Organizer
The Baby Keepsake Book and Planner by Mindy Weiss
Wedding Paper Divas Invitation Collection
On Clubhouse, follow Andy @andykushner and join his club “The Wedding Biz” to get additional content and to get direct access to Andy.
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
The Wedding Biz on Instagram: @theweddingbiz
The Wedding Biz on Facebook: @theweddingbiz
Support The Wedding Biz by clicking here.
Title Sponsor: This episode is sponsored by Kushner Entertainment & PartySlate.