The Wedding Biz – 334 REVISIT: DAVID TUTERA – Finding True Success in Self Reinvention
This is a revisit of Andy’s popular interview of David Tutera from May of 2018 with a new introduction.
Do you need some tips on handling stress during this crazy year? Andy has put together a list of the top ten tips for dealing with stress, which he has compiled from interviews with icons of the wedding and event industry. If you would like a copy, go to www.theweddingbiz.com/toptips.
Are you a creative who wants to turn your craft into a business or take it further? Head to the Wedding Biz Network and listen to The Business of Being Creative podcast with Sean Low. Sean discusses the power of being niched, pricing strategies, metrics of success, and so much more.
SUPPORTING THE WEDDING BIZ Become a patron and Andy and the show: For as little as $6 per month, or $0.75 per episode, are you willing to support the industry insights Andy brings on his podcast? If you are so inspired: contribute.
- David’s unexpected childhood upbringing that heavily influences his outlook on life
- David shares how to avoid burnout in a fast-moving industry
- Why strategically re-inventing yourself in your career is crucial
- David’s short college experience and his first post-college business
- How old David was when he planned his first wedding
- What David thought most wedding planners were missing when he started his event planning business
- The challenges of starting a new wedding planning business
- The two pivotal years that put David’s business on the map
- His experiences on television, including the launch of his first series
- David shares his two biggest fears, and how he uses them to find empowerment
- The process David takes with his clients to create custom events
- Some of David’s favorite weddings of all time (including his own!)
- About David’s product line
- How David has seen the wedding/event industry change over the past 30 years
Links & Resources:
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
The Wedding Biz on Instagram: @theweddingbiz
The Wedding Biz on Facebook: @theweddingbiz
Title Sponsor: This episode is sponsored by PartySlate – the first website designed specifically for event professionals and venues!
Support The Wedding Biz by clicking here.
David Tutera Episode 53 on The Wedding Biz
Mentioned By David
David Tutera Event at Unfinished Church
David Tutera Keynote Speaker and Presenter
David Tutera Beautiful Weddings
David Tutera – Behind the scenes of weddings around the world