The Wedding Biz – 323: SEAN LOW discusses MARIANNE BENNETT – Scoring Music To Tell A Story
Andy welcomes Sean Low back to the show. Sean is the owner of the consulting firm The Business of Being Creative, which focuses on providing practical advice to those in the business of being creative. He also has a podcast on The Wedding Biz Network called The Business of Being Creative. Listen as they discuss Marianne Bennett, the Founder and CEO of Element Music, a highly successful music and entertainment company in the event industry out of New York City.
Sean speaks about Marianne’s understanding of the difference between “custom” and “personal,” her storytelling abilities, and how she takes a client’s story and gives it back after adding her vision. Sean loves the fact that Marianne states that it isn’t just about enjoying the entertainment; it’s about the experience.
Marianne believes that you have to be creative with your company’s business side, and Sean agrees 100% with her view on combining the business and creative aspects to keep the company balanced. Marianne says you can love business and still be a great creative.
Don’t forget to listen to Andy’s other podcast, The Music Makers. It’s behind-the-scenes stories from some of the most influential music industry pros around, including artists, recording engineers, record producers, songwriters, managers, record industry executives, and more. You can find The Music Makers podcast by searching for that term in your cell phone’s podcast app or visiting www.themusicmakers.com.
- [01:16] Welcome back to the show, Sean!
- [03:05] Sean speaks about Marianne’s understanding of the difference between custom and personal.
- [05:29] Sean says that Marianne is a storyteller, and her job is to take that story and give it back through her vision.
- [08:41] Sean loves the fact that it’s not just about enjoying the entertainment; it’s about the experience.
- [11:28] Sean discusses Marianne’s views on being creative in the business of your company.
- [14:27] Thank you so much for being on the show!
Links & Resources:
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
Title Sponsor: This episode is sponsored by PartySlate – the first website designed specifically for event professionals and venues!
This Week’s Guest Co-Host, Sean Low, Founder and President of The Business of Being Creative LLC.
Sean Low Episode 41 on The Wedding Biz
Sean Low Episode 248 on The Wedding Biz
Email Sean: email@example.com