The Wedding Biz – 315: JENNIFER STEIN discusses MAJEDA & SEWAR BISHARAT/MY Event Design: Turning Vision Into Reality
Andy welcomes Jennifer Stein back to The Next Level. Jennifer is the Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Destination I Do Magazine, which can be found at newsstands in all fifty states and twelve countries. She also publishes a daily blog, consults, custom publishes, and has a podcast called CONFETTI.
Majeda Bisharat and Sewar of MY Event Design, based in Jordan, cover events across the Middle East and Europe. MY Event Design is a full-fledged luxury event design, planning, and management company that has designed and planned events for influential figures in various industries and members of the Royal family.
Jennifer discusses the natural gifts that she believes people in the event industry are blessed with, how Majeda gets her inspiration from everywhere, and how great it is that Majeda and Sewar have a multigenerational approach to events that have served them well. Jennifer also talks about what Majeda said about Sewar’s engagement party.
Listen as Jennifer shares how vulnerable and upfront Majeda was when she said she is in a state of confusion when it comes to dealing with the pandemic and how she took that confusion and turned it into a new company called MY Tablescape so that everyone can rent the luxurious accessories they need to make any occasion special.
Are you a creative who wants to turn your craft into a business or take it further? Head to the Wedding Biz Network and listen to The Business of Being Creative podcast with Sean Low. Sean discusses the power of being niched, pricing strategies, metrics of success, and so much more.
Don’t forget to listen to Andy’s other podcast, The Music Makers. It’s a podcast about behind-the-scenes stories from some of the most influential music industry pros around, including artists, recording engineers, record producers, songwriters, managers, record industry executives, and more. You can find The Music Makers podcast by searching for it in your cell phone’s podcast app or visiting www.themusicmakers.com.
SUPPORTING THE WEDDING BIZ Become a patron and Andy and the show: For as little as $6 per month, or $0.75 per episode, are you willing to support the industry insights Andy brings on his podcast? If you are so inspired: contribute.
- [00:53] Welcome back to the show, Jennifer!
- [02:41] Jennifer believes that there are many natural gifts given to people in the event industry, and Majeda and Sewar are two of the greats.
- [03:56] Majeda is inspired by many things, places, and people.
- [05:56] Jennifer discusses the multigenerational approach that Majeda and Sewar have, making them a powerful force.
- [09:27] Jennifer speaks about what Majeda said was her favorite event she had ever done.
- [11:40] Jennifer chats about what she has heard creative partners say about working with some planners.
- [13:07] Jennifer talks about how Majeda shared that she is in a place of feeling confused with the pandemic.
- [14:18] Jennifer speaks about Majeda and Sewar’s new company, MY Tablescape.
- [16:54] Jennifer, thank you so much for being on the show!
Links & Resources:
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
The Wedding Biz on Instagram: @theweddingbiz
The Wedding Biz on Facebook: @theweddingbiz
Title Sponsor: This episode is sponsored by PartySlate – the first website designed specifically for event professionals and venues!
This Week’s Guest Co-Host, Jennifer Stein Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Destination I Do Magazine
Jennifer Stein Episode 145 on the Wedding Biz
Find Majeda & Sewar