The Wedding Biz – 311: JENNIFER STEIN discusses MORGAN CHILDS, Micro-Weddings Are Here To Stay
Andy’s guest co-host today is Jennifer Stein, the Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief at Destination I Do Magazine, which can be found in newsstands in all 50 states and 12 countries. She also has a wonderful daily online blog, consults, and custom publishes. Listen as they discuss Morgan’s view on elopement weddings, smaller events, and whether that trend will continue going forward, plus much more on this episode of The Next Level.
Morgan first began by founding Moana Events and Belle Destination Events and then created another element by adding Modern Elopement, for which she is the CEO and Creative Director. Morgan has been called the elopement expert by Destination I Do Magazine and is a planner who started in the elopement brand back in 2015 when she saw a trend for smaller weddings happening, and with COVID, the concept has exploded.
Listen as Jennifer discusses working with Morgan and the spread they did for Destination I Do Magazine. Jennifer talks about Morgan shifting her business to serve those needing smaller weddings and how she wanted to create something where the expectation met the revenue.
Jennifer believes that smaller weddings are a trend that will continue even post-COVID. With people rethinking where they spend their money, the large, lavish wedding sometimes isn’t as important as having a little extra for something else like buying a house.
Don’t forget to listen to Andy’s other podcast, The Music Makers. It’s a podcast about behind-the-scenes stories from some of the most influential music industry pros around, including artists, recording engineers, record producers, songwriters, managers, record industry executives, and more. You can find The Music Makers podcast by searching for it in your cell phone’s podcast app or visiting www.themusicmakers.com.
SUPPORTING THE WEDDING BIZ Become a patron and Andy and the show: For as little as $6 per month, or $0.75 per episode, are you willing to support the industry insights Andy brings on his podcast? If you are so inspired: contribute.
- [01:06] Welcome back to the show, Jennifer!
- [02:07] Jennifer discusses working with Morgan and the Modern Elopement brand and the feature they did in Destination I Do magazine.
- [05:42] Jennifer speaks about Morgan recognizing the shift in her business and changing her business model to serve the smaller wedding.
- [07:24] Jennifer discusses the expectation of a client and how Morgan is meeting them.
- [08:47] Jennifer talks about doing the smaller events but still leaving time for the high profile larger events.
- [10:23] Do you think the trend for smaller weddings will continue?
- [13:02] Jennifer believes the pandemic has concentrated the desire for smaller weddings out of necessity, but that they are here to stay.
- [14:55] Jennifer says people are rethinking where they are spending their money.
- [16:12] They believe people will think twice before traveling.
- [18:39] Thank you so much for being on the show!
Links & Resources:
Follow The Wedding Biz on Social:
The Wedding Biz on Instagram: @theweddingbiz
The Wedding Biz on Facebook: @theweddingbiz
Title Sponsor: This episode is sponsored by PartySlate – the first website designed specifically for event professionals and venues!
This Week’s Guest Co-Host, Jennifer Stein, the Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief at Destination I Do Magazine
Jennifer Stein on the Wedding Biz
Matt Porteous on The Next Level