The Stylish Bride 13: Selling Your Wedding Dress and Buying a Pre-Owned Wedding Dress
Are you a bride who doesn’t want to sacrifice the experience of gown shopping for a designer gown, but also doesn’t want to spend too much on your wedding dress? On today’s show, we find out that you can still walk down the aisle in the perfect couture dress, without breaking the bank. Thanks to Ana and Jacquelyn for coming together and finding out there was a need in the wedding gown industry for pre-owned designer wedding gowns and providing this much needed service.
Ana and Jacquelyn are founders and owners of Our Story Bridal in New York City, a luxury wedding dress consignment and resale boutique. They know that all brides dream of looking their best for the big day, and a discount on high end designer dresses allows more brides to enjoy their dream wedding dress. Ana and Jacquelyn knew that each dress tells its own story, but that a dress can have multiple stories. Listen in to hear more about their boutique, and how it differentiates from other resale boutiques.
- Why and how Ana and Jacquelyn started their boutique
- Three types of brides Ana and Jacquelyn target
- Providing alterations on site in the boutique and why it is so important
- Customizing gowns for brides making each dress their own
- Not sacrificing the experience of gown shopping in order to find a great deal
- Differentiating their boutique from other boutiques
- Evaluating dresses and the process
- Wedding dress trends that are popular right now
- How most dress problems can be fixed
- Selling, and buying back a dress after the wedding
- Accepting dresses from all over the world
- Tips for brides when shopping at their boutique and the average discount they offer
- Benefiting from the resale community right now
- Walking out of the boutique with confidence
Julie really wants to hear from you, so if you have questions or comments, please reach out to her so you can be sure you are dressed, styled and down the aisle!