The Stylish Bride 06: How to Deal With a Wrinkled Wedding Dress with Giselle Ghofrani
On today’s show, Julie talks about how you will know if you found the ONE, the perfect dress, the dress you’ll want to get married in. Brides today are having a harder time than ever before deciding on their wedding dress. There are more options out there than ever before and you are exposed to a constant stream of gorgeous photos on social media. Plus you know what dress your friends wore, and what their friends’, friends wore, and you want to be different, making it pretty overwhelming. Today, Julie will talk about how to make a decision in a never ending world of options.
On today’s show, Julie will talk about what every bride worries about, and every planner has had to deal with. What to do when your wedding dress is wrinkled. Julie will interview an expert with fabric, Giselle Ghofrani. She will help with tips on how to handle wrinkles on your wedding dress.
- Some background on Giselle Ghofrani
- Hiring a professional, having someone there
- Empowering women to do it on their own
- Being prepared in advance
- Ask the person who was working on the dress what they did for wrinkles
- Buying a portable steamer & tips on it
- Don’t recommend laying it down, hang dress once arrives at highest point in room
- Be careful where you hang the dress
- What not to do, to un-wrinkle your dress
- If the wrinkles are not that bad, leave them alone
- If you do not see wrinkles in a photo it should be fine
- Troubleshooting the wrinkles per fabric
- Some dresses should not be steamed
- Don’t burn yourself
- Practice steaming first
Julie really wants to hear from you, so if you have questions or comments, please reach out to her so you can be sure you are dressed, styled and down the aisle!